Friday, November 22, 2013

Break!

So thanksgiving break has officially started and I couldn't be happier! I drove home from Blacksburg last night and I must say driving in the dark is pretty scary. When I got hole my mom and aunt were there to greet me which was exactly what I needed. I've missed everything about home including sleeping in my own bed. When I woke up today I completely forgot that I had an appointment to eat lunch with my dad. The crazy thing is I haven't seen him in a year. We ended up eating at Clyde's which is an American style restaurant. It was nice catching hip with him and telling him all about college. While we were enjoying our food I kind of realized how similar we are. We're both outgoing and funny people. Sometimes I wish he still lived in the states but then realize how happy he is back home taking care of his mom. With my dad everything comes easy as if he never left. I can't wait to see what else this week brings me:) family to me means so much to me and knowing that it will be growing excites me! My brother is also coming from Ethiopia this weekend and I've missed him dearly! Well everyone I hope you all have a great break and happy thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment