Monday, October 21, 2013

Change Is A Good Thing

Well this past weekend was Fall Break and I would say I had a good couple of days back at home. The decision to go home and visit my family was definitely a last minute one. I did not tell anyone that I was coming home so I could surprise my mom. As I was on my way home she kept trying to face time me but I had to keep declining her calls. Right before I went home around 7:30, I stopped by the grocery store to grab some flowers cause I knew she likes to decorate her room with them. As I began walking up to my house I called her to make sure she was there. I rang the door bell and could hear my mom approach the door asking who it was. By that point I couldn't stop laughing so I gave up and shouted "Mom it's your daughter, open up!" She couldn't believe it when she saw me standing in front of her. I think that moment was the best out of the whole weekend. The next day my mom and I decided to get our hair done together. Coming home I knew I needed to cut a lot of my hair off because it had been so long since I last got a trim. My hair stylist that I've been with for a while was a little skeptical about cutting my hair because I've never done anything so drastic. Even I was second guessing my own decision. Once everything was done I looked in the mirror and couldn't recognize myself. My hair reached my shoulders and as I tried to comb my hair through my fingers, they quickly fell loose. This was definitely the shortest my hair has ever been, and to be honest I loved it. It looks healthy and "fresh" as my mom called it. As I visited many friends over the weekend, they all told me I looked more like a college girl. I used to say that to my older friends when they came home to visit and now I'm being called that which makes me a little scared. Overall I believe that change is good and that this hair cut signifies how it can bring new things into my life.

2 comments:

  1. That's so sweet! I planed the same thing as you did. I bought a flight ticket for winter break without telling my mom. I want to surprise her. But the bad thing is I only have a little bit of money to spend for this semester, because I cannot explain to my mom where do the two thousand dollars go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! That is really sweet! She will remember that forever :) And I saw your hair in class and I love it, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete