Friday, October 11, 2013

DCVT. Dance Company of Virginia Tech.

It's been about a month since I first joined DCVT. Since then I've been rehearsing non-stop in preparation for our winter show. The best part about DCVT is the fact that we all share the same passion. To me going to rehearsal allows me to forget about all the homework I have waiting for me in my backpack. At the studio all the girls get along, we joke around and make fun of each other. Being apart of DCVT has made me feel apart of the school just like dance team did back in high school. It gave me an instant group of friends that I know would always have my back. Being in DCVT means we get to attend socials, semi formals, and formals. So far we performed last Friday for the pep rally. At first I was a little worried about messing up but after practicing on the side I felt more confident. Performing has a way of bringing happiness into my life. It has become so easy for me to go on stage and express myself. I hope that over the next four years DCVT will give me a chance to grow as a dancer and an individual. Each upperclassmen in the company have expressed to me that these girls will become long time friends. And that the bond between us should be cherished. I think that life has a funny way of putting scattered puzzle pieces of our lives together. I am a firm believer in things happening for a reason and understand that if something isn't meant to happen then it wont. I can confidently say that joining DCVT is one of the best decisions I've made here.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first performance! Do you know somebody named Tara Kendrick? I think she is on the dance team... And I firmly agree with your last statement about things happening for a reason!

    ReplyDelete