Thursday, October 31, 2013

Just Some of My Thoughts


If Halloween is coming up that means both Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner. Which ULTIMATELY means the first semester of my freshman year is almost OVER. How in the hell did that happen? Just last night I requested my classes for the spring semester. I will be taking a lot of business classes that are required for me to be able to transfer into the College of Business. I wish I could go back to the first week of college and relive all the crazy, scary, exciting moments again. Just like that all the things I was excited to experience flew right by me. I think I forgot to slow down and take in everything around me. The thing that I am most excited about is being home for my nieces’ birth. I already have two nephews and now that I will have a niece I am beyond impatient for her to arrive into this crazy world. To me nothing can replace family and what it represents. Before coming to college, my brother would tease me because I was going to be an aunt with 3 nieces and nephews. If I could I would bring them here with me and take them to all my classes. Unfortunately that would be impossible and people would think I was crazy. 

On another note, I wonder if all the time we’ll spend in college will mean more than just earning a degree. I wonder if I’ll see a difference in myself after just one year. If I’d see any changes or improvements in myself at all? I really hope so. I’ve always wanted to be that girl who took everything she learned and used it in a way to benefit herself. That never tried to adapt to what other people say or wanted and knew how to stand on her own. 

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean I feel like it was just yesterday when we were moving in. Its so overwhelming to think that the first semester of our freshmen year is almost over! And that is so exciting about your niece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The time we spent was wonderful. But something even more wonderful is always waiting for us in the future. I think college to me is a place where I can "complete" myself and the place where I start to chase my dream.

    ReplyDelete